How to make a Qualified Charitable Distribution to FFLC
FOOD For Lane County (FFLC) works to reduce hunger by engaging our community to create access to food, and your Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) from an IRA can have a significant impact. A QCD from your traditional or Roth IRA directly to FFLC supports our work and avoids increasing your taxable income.
You can make a QCD gift if:
- You are over 70½.
- You transfer funds directly from a traditional IRA or a Roth IRA, and your IRA gifts for a given tax year total $100,000 or less.
- You transfer the gift outright to one or more public charities such as FOOD For Lane County, but not to supporting organizations, donor advised funds, charitable trusts or gift annuities.
If you are ready to make a QCD there are two easy ways:
- Complete the form your IRA Custodian has and use FFLC’s Tax ID number 93-0888347
- If your custodian has provided checks to use for your IRA distributions, make the check payable to “FOOD For Lane County” and note “Qualified Charitable Distribution” in the memo line.
- Remember, the tax benefits of an IRA Rollover will not apply if you make the distribution check out to your name and then donate that amount to charity. To qualify as a “QCD” it must come directly from your account to FFLC.
- If your administrator provides you an IRA checkbook, please note that the date of your QCD is NOT the date you send the distribution check, but the date that your IRA administrator transfers the funds to the charity. If you want your distribution check to be credited toward the current tax year, it is critical that you mail your check several weeks before the end of the yearto ensure there is time for the check to be received by FFLC and to clear your account. This is especially true if you are relying on those gifts to fulfill your required minimum distribution.
- Send your QCD check to: FOOD For Lane County, 770 Bailey Hill Road, Eugene, OR 97402
Please note that QCDs can only be made from traditional and Roth IRA accounts. 401(k), 403(b), SEP and SIMPLE plans do not qualify for the QCD gift option.
Remember to consult with your tax planner or financial advisor before making any decisions regarding your IRA account.
Legal Name, Address, and Tax ID
FOOD For Lane County
770 Bailey Hill Road
Eugene, OR 97402
Federal Tax ID: 93-0888347
Don’t see what you need?
Call us at 541-343-2822