Letter Carrier’s Food Drive
Please note that our holiday Letter Carrier’s Food Drive will be moving from the first two Saturdays of December to a single day in November.
Saturday, November 18 will be a one day push to bring in as much as 95,000 pounds of food.
The December dates were no longer working for the postal service with the increased parcel loads they were seeing in the lead up to Christmas. The change will be a positive thing, but we need you to remember to put out a donation of non-perishable food by your mailbox for your letter carrier to pick up on November 18.
Spread the word throughout your neighborhood and with family and friends.
Thank you for your help!
This important food drive brings in thousands of pounds of shelf-stable food and stocks pantry shelves with much needed staples, like peanut butter!
Leave a donation of nonperishable food by your mail box early on November 18. Your letter carrier will pick it up.
- This is a county-wide drive, and food collected in your community will stay in your community
- Go Green and reuse an old grocery bag
- Your letter carrier will pick it up and deliver it to FOOD for Lane County
- Non-perishables only – no glass, homemade items or already opened foods please
- Preferred items: tuna, beans, tomato products, stews, soups, chili, peanut butter, pasta, rice & canned fruit
OR, donate here.
Brad Bassi, Food Resource Developer